Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunflower Farmer's Market

Did I mention that there is a Sunflower Farmers Market on the way to almost everything? There is and they had a great sale this past week. I was able to get the following happy items:

ORGANIC Red & Green Leaf Lettuce for 99 cents each (I bought 3)
Ground Beef for $1.68/lb (I bought about 30 lbs between 2 trips)
Strawberries for $.88/lb - limit 4 (I went twice so I could get a few more to freeze)

Happiness. So, in my purchases, I Spent:

Total out of pocket = $72.88 (ouch, I know, but it is all in the name of food storage and MEAT!)
Savings = $105.54 or 59.2% (ahh! That sounds better)
Amount per item = $1.40 (this is divided into lb/meat and strawberries, etc.)

I do like that store when I can get a good savings, good meat, and good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment