Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Caselot Happiness

I ran to Macey's last night to snag a few lunchmeat specials since I landed 7 coupons (Q's) for $1 off Buddig lunchmeat and it was on sale for $1.47 until 10/5 - so I had to go and buy 7 packages (or 3.5 lbs) and spend less than $3.50 total :) That was the first happy!

Then, I counted up my soup coupons because it seems like we've been getting a lot. I am never too crazy about the $.40 off 4 cans of soup, but it adds up. I bought 19 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup (because that is the number that came up when I added all the coupons together AND Macey's doesn't make you buy the whole case and you can still get the same good deal) and 45 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup and walla! I saved $14.60 just in coupons for these items. So, where you can spend over $1 per Cream Soup (Campbell's, especially), I got a total of 64 cans of soup for $.45 a piece - which is $.03 less than the Western Family brand. So, if I had just bought the Western Family brand, I would have spent $2 more than what I spent on the top brand :) Yes, I am still happy and my DH is happier because he's not a Western Family fan when it comes to his soups! :)

The Buddig Lunch Meat deal is over, but Macey's still has soups on sale for another few weeks. You can find the soup printables at Coupons.com (I think), I also think I got onto Campbell's website - I didn't track these as well. These are Great coupons - you can get $1.50 off 3 with them, but can only print 2 times a piece. But with these combined with 8+ $.40/2 or $.40/4, it adds up. These can be found in the last month of the Smart Source coupons. I have started going through my coupon books and cutting out the Q's that I think I will use or are GREAT deals and keeping them in my binder with my printables and leftovers that I didn't use in the store. That way, if I am at a store and see a deal, I don't have to wish I had my whole Q File Cabinet with me. Try it, maybe you'll like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment